lørdag 26. januar 2013

A workout(video) to avoid shoulder problems!


Good morning beautiful readers!

Here is a little video of a workout with focus on shoulder stability/control! (scroll down ;))

I have been struggling with my shoulders some years; and this made me not able to go hard on exercises I wanted to focus on! Like Bench Press, and Shoulder press.
But I finally found a solution!
It’s important to say that when I started doing these exercises I started with very very easy load, and had a gradually buildup. (Also included in doing these exercises, it’s important that you know you have the correct technique in other exercises you already do)
If you have limiting pain right now, I would use the typical rehab exercises: internal rotation, external rotation and adduction with a cable. 15-20 resps x 3, only performing the exercises in the pain free range.


The focus of this video is to activate the stabilizing muscles in the shoulder(rotator cuff), before moving over to big strong muscle groups.

The keyword to all the exercises performed, is to have control during the movement.
Use a load where you are not experiencing any pain, and slowly but gradually build up. If you feel pain after the workout, you have to go down on your load the next time.
The pain will limit your strength gain, and muscle growth!


Another tips to avoid shoulder problems are that you should actually train your back twice as much as your chest! This concerns muscle imbalance and posture.

ENJOY!

For more theory behind shoulder anatomy/problems, or anything else, just ask – and I will answer the best way possible.


Have a nice day :D

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar