onsdag 9. januar 2013

1st entry

Whoami?

My name is Emil Thomassen and I currently study physiotherapy in the great city of Enschede in the Netherlands. Im 23 years old and got the fitness craze.

In my early years I have competed in track and field,  racerbiking and handball. On the side I always had weightlifting as a supplement, but never took it too serious. Of various reasons I discontinued theese sports and only did some recreational weightlifting and rock climbing as a hobby besides studies.

10 weeks ago I joined the Clubfit gym where my colleague Tonje trained, with high ambitions of getting bigger, stronger and healthier than ever before. For this period we trained a 2 split program 4 times a week + some bonus sessions were we could have extra focus on the body part(s) we were least satisfied with. For me that was my bony shoulders. During theese 10 weeks Ive been bulking (eating more calories per day than I burn) to gain as much muscle mass as possible, thus gaining about 12kg.

My plan for the next 12 weeks are heavy strength training 4-6 times a week combined with cardio and a semi-strict diet to lower my fat percentage, lift heavier and feel better. But I will come back to this later.

Here are a picture of a skinny me in 2009 and one of me halfway through the bulking period (5-6 weeks ago).


This weekend I will post "before pictures" so I have something to compare with after the 12 weeks.

Status quo:

Height: 189 cm
Weight: 98,7 kg
Fat percentage: 17,7 %

1RM lifts:
Benchpress: 100 kg (07.01.2013)
Squats: Scheduled next monday
Deadlift: Scheduled next monday

Goals:

Will come in my next update :)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar